Now that you have a new website, it’s time to start promoting it. Unfortunately, the “if you build it, they will come” theory doesn’t apply to websites. Think of this – If you have a brochure for your business but you don’t pass it out, you can’t expect great results. The same applies to your website. If you don’t let people know it’s there, no one will visit it.
Here are some simple things you can do to promote your website:
- Add your website address to your business cards, flyers, and brochures. Anywhere that you put your logo, put your website address.
- Announce your website on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Make an announcement to your friends and fans with the link to your new website. Don’t forget to include your website address in all of your social media profiles.
- Get links. If you belong to any associations or chambers, ask them to link to your website.
- Market your products or services on Craigslist and/or eBay. Include links back to your website for additional information. This will funnel traffic in from popular websites.
- Keep your website updated. Don’t let your new website get stale. Keeping it updated with relevant company and industry news. Try adding new pages, articles or content at least a few times each month.
If you’d like more help driving traffic to your website, ask us about our Search Engine Optimization and Internet Marketing services.
Author: Jennifer Sanderson
I take the frustration out of managing your WordPress website so you can focus on growing your business. My unique approach to website maintenance means you get dedicated one-on-one attention to your website without the cost of a full time employee. Learn More About the Blue Duck Difference